Limestone deposits exist in all continents of the earth. Despite common and traditional reference to "travertine marble", travertine is really a type of limestone. It is actually the terrestrial (land) formed version of limestone, as opposed to the marine based formations of many other limestone varieties.
Featuring their soft earth tones, decorators integrating these stones into their design have great flexibility in selecting complimentary colors for other interior elements.
Many varieties of both materials have enjoyed a successful history of exterior application, and some of the most prominent government and financial institutions worldwide proudly display limestone as their exterior cladding. Despite the popularity of exterior vertical limestone applications, the number of limestone varieties with successful history in exterior paving applications, particularly in freeze/thaw environments, is relatively limited.
Since these stones are some of the softer varieties of natural stone materials, they have long been a popular choice for intricately carved features and moldings, as well as statuary.
Limestone and travertine, like marble, are of a calcium carbonate base, and as such, are vulnerable to alteration by exposure to mild acids. A wide variety of stones are included in this group, and absorption varies from slight (<1%) to high (>10%). The combination of acid sensitivity and absorption limit the number of varieties that are suitable for countertop applications, and the user of limestone countertops should be well educated in its properties to accurately anticipate its behavior in service.
Another form of limestone exists, which is dolomite. Dolomite is based on the dual carbonate of calcium-magnesium carbonate, and the properties of this stone are influenced by this difference in composition. Dolomites generally have higher densities, lower absorption, greater compression and bending strengths, and higher abrasion resistance than the calcium carbonate-based limestone. These property differences offer some application choices for dolomite where other limestone varieties are marginal or unsuitable performers.
- Stone-basalt Fiber, Green Clean
- Artificial Stone On A Tall Wall
- Brief Method Of Brick Masonry And Its Character...
- Ledge Stone Smart Choice To Buy You Need To Know
- Artificial Culture Stone Manufacturers Developm...
- Marble Cleaning Method
- Buy Artificial Cultural Stone Needs To Pay Atte...
- The Formation Process Of Marble
- How To Buy Floor Tiles - Xiamen Thinkrock Stone
- Types And Uses Of Pebbles
- What Should We Take Into Consideration In Exter...
- Granite Texture
- Moonlight Beige, Fill Your Life With Romance
- Paradise White Marble, A Work Of Art
- Scientific Versus Commercial Definition For Nat...
- What Is Green Building
- Green Your Home Or Office (1)
- Green Your Home Or Officce (2)
- Revolutionize Your Space With Grace And Sophist...