A traditional use of both these materials was the laboratory table top in chemistry labs. That application alone should serve as a great testimonial to the chemical resistance of the materials.
Being of the softer varieties of dimension stone types, neither of these materials is known for particularly high abrasion or scratch resistance, yet they are both used a flooring and countertop products.
Soapstone is highly heat resistant, and has been used in fireplace surrounds frequently to take advantage of this property.
Slate, being of laminar construction, has the ability to be processed into thin sheets and still maintain serviceable strength and rigidity. This property makes slate the only dimension stone having been used for blackboards and roofing shingles. It was also traditionally used as the cloth-covered playing surface of billiards tables.
- Stone-basalt Fiber, Green Clean
- Artificial Stone On A Tall Wall
- Brief Method Of Brick Masonry And Its Character...
- Ledge Stone Smart Choice To Buy You Need To Know
- Artificial Culture Stone Manufacturers Developm...
- Marble Cleaning Method
- Buy Artificial Cultural Stone Needs To Pay Atte...
- The Formation Process Of Marble
- Installing Granite Countertops Should Be How To...
- Sandstone In The Decoration Stone Rising
- White Bacuo Jinjiang, Something You Can't Miss
- Detailed Introduction To Edge Finishing
- Aspiring For A Cosy Space? Come And Have A Look
- Minimum Thickness For Exterior Veneer
- Cinderella In Stone World
- Gohera Marble, Right For Your Simple Elegant Style
- Travertine, Limestone, And Dolomitic Limestone-...
- What Should We Take Into Consideration In Exter...
- Granite Texture
- Moonlight Beige, Fill Your Life With Romance